Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Intuition




“Your body has two brains: one in your head and one in your gut.  When you have a thought, tiny sparks of electricity show up within the neurons of your head.  The brain in your head is the hardware for your thoughts.  But when you experience a “gut feeling” or intuition, the tiny sparks of electricity show up within the neurons in your second brain. While your first brain serves as your intellectual hardware, your second brain – the gut – is your soulful GPS. Without it, you’re lost.”

 - Alejandro Junger, M.D. (cardiologist)

 

“Nana, why do you use scissors to cut chicken?” she asked.

“Because they're easier for me than a knife,” I answer.

“But why?”

“I’m not sure – it just is!”

“But how do you know it’s easier?”

“Because of experience. I've decided I like scissors better than a knife.”

Pause…

“Nana, I love you.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.”

“But you know what?”

“No, what?”

“You knew I was going to say that, didn’t you, Nana?  That I loved you?”

“Yes sweetie, I knew it before you even said it.  And you knew I was going to say it right back.”


Sometimes relationship is about sharing information.  Other times you simply know what you know deep down, gut-feel, without a doubt.









No comments: