The Queen (age 18 months) had been sorting dominoes and
throwing balls in my living room for thirty minutes before I noticed she was
wearing one sandal and one closed-toe shoe. Her hip-slung jeans were riding low, their hems hiding her feet.
“Where are your shoes?” I asked. She pointed at her feet. “Where are my
shoes?” She pointed at my feet.
“But your shoes
are different – look!” She seemed not
to notice, let alone care. Amazing! She could easily prefer function over form,
purpose over style.
“How do you do this?” I asked, laughing. “How do you wear
two different kinds of shoes at the same time?” It seemed comical to me.
I held her on my lap to take a picture of her mismatched shoes, but she
pushed away the camera, wanting to get back to her game of tossing balls. She
looked up at me as if to say, “Feet.
Shoes. What’s the big deal?”
No biggie, sweet baby. Just a fabulous new footwear
fad.
No comments:
Post a Comment