There was just a hint of chill in the air this afternoon as I walked the road, absent-mindedly appreciating the red blush of color showing up in the trees but otherwise lost in thought.
Suddenly a fat and fuzzy, charcoal-gray-colored, cigar-shaped-something-or-other scooted like a motorized toy across the road directly in front of me. I jumped, not sure what to make of it, and it stopped as well to see what huge giant-of-a-creature I might be.
The tiny mole turned his head my direction. Could he see me? I squinted as if with vicarious blindness. Wanting a better look at his little pink nose, I and bent down as non-threateningly as I could and stared directly into his face. But he turned away and resumed his earlier path with his smooth shuffle-of-a-walk to disappear in some rocks.
Where he is tonight? Is he settling down for the cold weather somewhere? More than wondering about logistics though, I’m curious about his personality. From our quick chance meeting, I’d guess he’s as endearing as the loveable Mole in Wind in the Willows.
No comments:
Post a Comment