Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oldster and Youngster Skaters




According to my rubberized leg muscles, I must have broken the senior citizen record while ice skating today.  I was out there for HOURS, but what a blast!  I even recovered some old backward-skate moves from my teenage years.  It was exhilarating.

On the other end of the spectrum from my senior- citizen-skater-status, today our grandson Caleb (age 10) had his very first experience on skates.  He practiced diligently with a chair until he’d mastered the skill – all in a single day!  In his words, “This is such a GREAT DAY!  I will never, EVER forget this day – EVER!”  

His younger brother Jordan was happy to slip-and-slide and just hang out without skates.  When asked if he wanted to go to the house to warm up, he said, "I want to stay here as LONG as I possibly can!"  Then way-way down at the let's-indoctrinate-'em level were Josie, age 2, and Ellie, age 9 months. They thrived through their pre-ice-skating lessons on falling, hauling, and crawling - and Ellie even took a nap in the sled.





No comments: